Spa tends to remind us of relaxation. Believe it or not, teens do need that as well. In this unpredictable time, an assortment of spa gifts will help to ease their tension. What better place to do that than in the comfort of their own home.
Treating or pampering themselves can go a long way into teaching teens all about self-care. It is noteworthy to say that spa gifts works for both boys and girls!
The real question here is what to put in a spa gift basket?
Below, I will show you how you can compile a spa gift basket for teens in relation to their five senses; that is touch, sound, sight, smell and even taste to add some flavor. In doing so, you will provide your teen with the means to indulge themselves completely.
So here goes!
Some examples that arouse the sense of being touched and which are a must in any spa gift basket are:
- Bath puff
- Bath scrubs/shower brush
- Natural sponges
These accessories permit skin exfoliation and cleansing.
- Body wash/gel
- Bath salts
- Bath bombs
- Moisturizing lotion
These leave the skin feeling soft and moisturized.
- Soft slippers/socks
- Silk pillow case
Providing something to wear or lie on is the magical touch. For the most part, aim for soft materials. Softness promotes the sense of being comforted. Like a soft caress or hug that makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside. No wonder many cherish their stuffed animal!
- Facial mask
- Lip balm
Face also forms part of the body and should be taken care of. Avoid the occasion for your teen to be walking around with a dry face or chapped lips.
The effect of a warm bath with the help of some of these items will leave your teen feeling joyful and relaxed.
The fact that sounds can be very therapeutic rings true to many of us. Note how appeasing soft or natural sounds can be. They can easily help us gain back our focus or simply bring us back to earth.
- A pen drive with relaxing music or sound of nature like a running river or birds chirping.
- Audiobooks with funny stories or jokes.
Good music or music of our liking usually elevates our senses. Making us feel chirpier. They certainly help in relaxation. The good thing is that music agrees with teens. We just need to find the proper ones that will have that positive effect on them.
- Pen drive can be accompanied by a speaker.
- Singing along has also its positive effect. Nobody can deny the joy that singing out loud brings. By the way, they are at home and not in a public place, so what’s the harm? It is all about destressing or simply letting their hair down.
- Include audiobooks on self-care.
Having something wonderful to read can have a calming effect on your teen as they soak away in the tub.
- A magazine
- A good book
- Self-help book
- Any reading material
Anything appealing to the eyes will go a long way with the receiver as well. Beautiful and interesting things encourage positive emotions which can help to release tension.
- Include a pamphlet on how to create a spa experience
- A lovely reading light can help to enhance the reading experience instead of the main light. This will also create the atmosphere of a serene place.
- Beautiful things do engage our sense of sight. A simple example is to give them a beautifully decorated or picturesque match box or colorful lighter to go with the candles below.
We often associate smell with sweet memories. Great scents in this department can aid in calming down your teen.
- Scented candles with matches
- Essential oils
- Choose scents that you know they will adore.
- When in doubt of which scent to use, go for lavender. You can never go wrong with this as your relaxing agent. It is like when choosing a fabric softener. The sense of smell will have a great impact on your teen’s spa experience.
Your taste buds may easily find their place in this assemblage with these examples:
This will complement all the other senses, tying them all together. The taste of juicy fruits while enjoying their bath may spell heaven to them. Other treats like chocolates and cookies may do the trick as well.
These don’t usually go into a spa basket, but it will nonetheless make your teen basket so much more interesting.
- Choose something that corresponds to your child taste buds. Something that you know will bring them immense joy while eating it.
How to actually compile the spa basket?
To make a basket for your particular teen you need not buy each and every item mentioned in this article. One or two items in each category will go a long way in compiling a lovely and effective basket. Just choose what will fit best in your basket and with your teen’s taste. You also need to have a budget in mind.
A small tote bag, wash cloth (3), slippers, bath puff, bath bombs, body lotion (1 or 2), audiobooks.
A medium size basket, bathrobe, bath scrub, shower gel, a book, facial mask, moisturizing lotion.
An average size wicker basket, towel, natural sponge, bath salts, a set of lip balms, pen drive with music, fruits.
- You can choose anything for your basket. Just be creative.
- You may choose the traditional natural tones such as white to consolidate the spa feel. However, it will not hurt to use vibrant colors just to inspire your teen.
- Your theme can be either masculine or feminine.
- Consider placing your largest items in the basket at the back and the smallest ones in the front.
- You can line the bottom of your basket with shredded paper to give it height.
The finishing touch will be ribbons and bow. Nonetheless, it will not hurt to throw in some extras to make the basket special or more luxurious such as:
- Nail tools
- Pumice stone
- Nail varnishes
These items will mimic the real feel of spa whereby pedicure and manicure are on the agenda. The teens can do it themselves or better yet you can offer your service.
The aim is to make them feel like a million dollar and totally refreshed after their session.
If however preparing your own basket present a challenge, you can always use the tips above to cross-check a ready-made spa gift basket.
To sum it all up
In times of uncertainties everyone need some kind of comfort. It is needless to say that finding positive means to release tension is of great importance.
Relaxing with the use of our five senses can prove very fruitful to a teen. Presenting it all in a basket will be a thrill.
Here you can also find other ways to relieve your teen’s anxiety.
Thank you for stopping by.
Kindly leave your comments on spa gift basket below.