Having a teen who is interested in crafts or doing small projects can be very beneficial when it comes to gift giving. Craft items are in abundance and the Cricut family has a number of machines and accessories for crafters to choose from.
One such machine is the heat press machine which has proven to be very beneficial in crafting. Amazingly there are different types, sizes and brand of heat press machines to fit your teen’s taste and need.
By now your teen may very well be accustomed to ironing. This particular skill may prove to be useful in handling the Cricut Easypress Mini properly. If your teen can handle a home iron, they can very well handle this little device.
This amazingly compact little machine is great to enhance their craft projects thus making it the best machine for your teen. It is a delight to get teens engage in creative activities.
What is Cricut Easypress Mini
EasyPress is typically a machine from the Cricut family brand known as a heat press which is used to press heat transfers onto garments.
According to Wikipedia a heat press is used to permanently apply a heat transfer to a surface. Traditionally, we use a home iron to accomplish such task. Compared with a mini iron the use of such machine reduces burnt material and it is so easy to clean if vinyl gets stuck on it.
Cricut EasyPress Mini is basically a mini iron. It is the smallest machine in the Cricut family. It is ideal for small projects.
What to look for
Taking your teen into consideration, you will be searching for the following qualities in a heat press; ease of use, lightweight, safety measures and convenience.
All of these will be address with the Easypress Mini below.
Easy to use
If your teen is a craft lover, the Cricut Easypress Mini is a good choice because all they’ll need to do is plug it in and press one button for the desired heat.
- The single button controls both power and heat level.
- It’s so easy to personalize things with this specific small iron.
- It is a good tool for teenagers to start with so that they can better handle the bigger ones later on.
- It has an automatic shut off feature which turns the machine off after 13 minutes of no use. Even if it has the ability to heat up fast, it takes more time to cool off after use.
- It is small, sturdy and stable thus allowing more control over it.
- The heatproof safety base is very useful in providing a sturdy place to fit your hot device in while you are working with it.
- It has raised bottom edges which provide protection of the work surface when the device is on.
- The safety base also serves as protection to the machine when storing or transporting. It helps protect the lining of the heat plate.
- The display light gives clear indication of the process the machine is in.
- Orange color is for when the machine is heating up.
- Green color is when it has reached the temperature set for.
- An accompanied Easypress Mat which acts as the ironing board will keep your surface from getting hot and not burn the surface that you are working on.
- Even so, a thick enough towel will also shield your working surface.
- It is so lightweight at only 0.8lbs thus making it ideal for teenagers.
- Being so light it also eases transportation.
- It is a space saver, requiring little space on your work table, cabinet or even in your bag.
- It is a very small device which measures 2.1 inches by 3.4 inches and 4 inches tall.
- The heat plate is only 1.9 inches by 3.25 inches.
- It heats up real fast (less than 3 minutes) and warns you with a beep once it has reached the desired temperature.
- It fits nicely in the palm of your hand making it easier to handle.
- It is great for many uses especially for transferring small projects made with Iron-On vinyl.
- It is very useful for small surfaces such as pockets and hats.
- It is also perfect for small projects such as earrings and shoes.
- It is perfect for mask making when it comes to doing curves and small seams.
If your teen is into HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl) this machine is a must have.
- Make sure that fabrics or other base materials are dry upon working on them.
- Select appropriate temperature for material and project you are going to do.
- Use towel or a pair of socks inside uneven surface to provide a firm pressing surface such as when working on shoes or hats.
What can be found in the box
- One Mini Cricut with cord and plug
- One safety base
- One simple guide ( For extra guidelines you can visit their website)
- It is useful for difficult to get to areas and for overlaying.
- Good on items that are not flat.
- The tip is suitable to work around seams, buttons and zippers.
- It is a good tool to do small iron-on projects.
- It is so much cheaper than other Cricut machines.
- It does not need firmware updates.
- It does not have a timer. You have to use a separate timer to keep track of heating time.
- It has only 3 settings- High, medium, low and does not set temperature degrees.
- The handle is so small that you may not fit all fingers through it.
- It doesn’t come with a practice project to test right out of the box.
- Make sure that you check that the product’s plug and voltage is compatible with your home use.
- The unit has a maximum of 120v and therefore it should not be used at higher voltage or it will fail.
Remember: This cute little device is still an iron. You can get burn with it as you can with an iron; that is with the bottom silver part. So your teen needs to be extra careful while handling the machine.
My Final Thoughts
As it has been pointed out above, the Cricut Easypress Mini is definitely the Cricut machine for your teen to start experimenting with. It is ideal for either a beginner or an experienced teenage crafter. This is in the sense of affordability and for its simplicity.
Just think of the extra fun that this little device will bring. Your teen can now easily personalize different items to his or her unique taste. Personalized gifts are meaningful and very powerful. It will surely bring their crafting to the next level.
This mini gadget may serve only to increase your teen’s creativity. The certain level of cautiousness that comes with it will also help your teen in his or her personal development.
Being responsible while having fun creating small projects can be a push in the right direction.
Thank you for reading.
Kindly drop any comment on this topic down below.